Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Today my thoughts of going to Antarctica are of Excitement for all the new experiences I will have and things I will see. I am also a anxious about missing my family and how the children will change in the fifteen months that I will be out of the country. Everyone is excited, both schools that my children attend are getting involved by doing projects with video links (we hope).

As for me I imagine that going to my Antarctic Base will be like going into Big Brother with out the cameras. Through the summer there will be about 100 people living at the base but in winter there will only be 20, the movie The Shining springs to mind. I am looking forward to making new friends. Definitely a chance of a life time.
The Photo above is of Rothera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home